Mercedes SLS AMG are now available with the new AMG sports suspension ride control. Alternatively there’s the basic chassis, the AMG performance suspension without each variable damping characteristics.
The center console of the Mercedes SLS AMG offers not only the neat, new e-select lever along with embossed AMG emblem, but also the new shocks in the AMG DRIVE UNIT characters. The switch in Coupe and Roadster, indicates the new AMG sports suspension ride control back with adjustable, electronically controlled damping.
Depending on driving conditions, speed and road conditions, the optional system ratzfatz change the damping characteristics and reduces the roll angle of the body independently. The driver of the SLS AMG is thus an immediate and step less adjust between maximum agility and driving comfort of the best open – depending on driving style and track layout.
Mercedes SLS AMG Sport Features
- Mercedes SLS AMG
- EPA Classification – Two-Seaters
- Drivetrain – Rear Wheel Drive
Mercedes SLS AMG Engine
- Engine Order Code – NA
- Engine Type and Required Fuel – Premium Unleaded V-8
- Displacement (liters/cubic inches) – 6.2 L/379
- Fuel System – Sequential MPI
Maximum Horsepower @ RPM
- 583 @ 6800Maximum Torque @ RPM
- 479 @ 4750
- Cooling System Capacity (quarts)
Mercedes SLS AMG Transmission
- First Gear Ratio (:1) – 3.40
- Transmission Order Code – NA
- Transmission Description – Auto-Shift Manual w/OD
- Number of Transmission Speeds – 7
- Second Gear Ratio (:1) – 2.19
- Third Gear Ratio (:1) – 1.63
- Fourth Gear Ratio (:1)1.29
- Fifth Gear Ratio (:1) – 1.03
- Sixth Gear Ratio (:1) – 0.84
- Seventh Gear Ratio (:1) – 0.72
- Reverse Ratio (:1) – 2.79
- Final Drive Axle Ratio (:1) – 3.67
- Clutch Size – NA
Mercedes SLS AMG Fuel Economy and Range
- EPA Battery Range (miles)
- EPA Greenhouse Gas Score
- 3.0 (Est)
- CO2 Emissions, 15K mi/year (tons)
- 11.8 (Est)
Mercedes SLS AMG Mechanical
Mercedes SLS AMG Exterior Design
Default in the SLS AMG is “Comfort”
In the SLS AMG Ride Control suspension with three levels of Comfort, Sport and Sport Plus comes. “Comfort” is on every start automatically set by the gull-wing and promises to be a sensitive response to softer damping characteristics.
Comfort is suitable for a comfort-oriented style of driving with excessive speed, but even when damaged, uneven roads, the comfort level would represent because of their generally soft damper settings for many drivers of the Mercedes-AMG racing cars of choice.
- 2020 & 2021 Volvo V60 All You Need To Know
- Whats The Fastest SUV in The World 2021
- Will There be a Dodge Challenger Convertible Again?
- 2021 Subaru Impreza Release Date
“Sport” mode of the Mercedes SLS AMG
In order to bring the SLS AMG in the “sport” mode, the button in the AMG DRIVE UNIT is even pressed. In this setting, the shock absorbers to speak ever more tightly to the driving situation, not what causes an improved road contact with a sporty driving style, but focuses also pitch and roll movements more effectively.
The sport mode is used in the SLS AMG in most situations as the best compromise between decent ride comfort, low body movements and considerable agility.
With “Sports Plus” in the SLS AMG on the runway Who in the Mercedes SLS “Sports Plus” should be enabled, some ambitious laps on a racetrack turn: in addition to more damping force, this mode has a special control algorithms that are designed for a very sporty driving style with smooth lines on road surfaces. With the help of AMG button in the AMG DRIVE UNIT can save the customized setup. A long press on the icon Mercedes SLS AMG suspension mode and ensures the current to the selected gear setting.